My heart feels the heaviness of the reality of this week. Yours may as well. I was encouraged this morning and thought it might lift you up as well.
My week whispered its 'good morning' to me with such Grace. I picked up what will likely become one of my all-time favorite books and began to read...again. ("1000 Gifts" by Ann Voscamp. Visit her blog.) There was so much to soak up the first time around. I need to keep it fresh!
The foundation of the book is about discovering eucharisteo...the Greek word that is translated from the last supper, where Christ, knowing He is hours away from death, breaks the bread and gives thanks.
I'm sure there is not another scenario that speaks quite so potently of gratitude in the midst of the hard. I can not relate to this. I am challenged to find thanks in the midst of my "hard", and laundry doesn't seem to compare! My mundane laundry chores recently spoke loudly of JOY to me. (recent post.) Finding the gratitude in the hard or mundane could be a challenge at first. Lord, keep my eyes fresh and alert to your gifts. I don't want to miss even one!
0 comments:
Post a Comment