6.05.2009

scrapbooking without trying

now that my blog is finally up and running i'm feeling a little sick of it...can anyone relate?

the first lesson i'll post is this: if you want to start a blog, find a blog you like and ask the author to tell you all their settings! that very well may be the best advice i will ever publish...

the thought of starting another project right now was daunting, but i know it will be a treasure worth working on. i was motivated by two simple facts. first, i don't have any way of keeping track of all the cool things i learn from my kids. and i need to be reminded of those things daily. connor asked me if there were birthdays in heaven last week...don't they say the coolest things? i had to get that one down somewhere. second i'm willing to admit that their albums are a bit behind. if you looked at their scrapbooks you'd think i had three 18-month-olds. there's a blessin' right there--thank you God that i don't have three 18-month-olds! so last week when i learned that i could make my blog into a book i thought, 'sign me up...scrapbooking the littlest moments in life and blogging in one'.

don't worry i'm not giving up on the albums!
when is the next scrappin' weekend?

2 comments:

the hammocks said...

may i be the first to welcome you!! who took that awesome picture of your feet at the beach? they must be really amazing. :)

and yes, connor, there are birthdays in heaven!! what flavor cake do you think is God's favorite?!?!?!

stephanie briggs said...

Hey girl! I love the question, kaylee asks things like that to and if I will be pretty in heaven and all kinds of questions that I am afraid I wll forget. I may have to try this blog thing. love and miss you stephanie

Post a Comment